Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nothing is impossible

This morning I realized that I had a text message written at 9:30 last night which read, "I think I just tore my Achilles, at the hospital now."

Indeed, Tim did tear his achilles 95% in ballet class last night and will need surgery, which can't be performed until the swelling subsides. It looks like he will be out at least a few months. He is upset and in a lot of pain despite painkillers. We will need to cancel our performance May 5th at the Carousel ice show and also the Lake Placid competition in August.

We are thankful this happened now and not a few weeks ago before Chicago ... but it seems we are due for a string of good luck at some point to counteract the bad. Our plan was for Tim to test 3 more dances this summer so we could move up to Gold next year but it doesn't seem likely we can do that with a shortened season. We could stay in Pre-Gold another year and/or do Championship. But really it's too soon to even strategize.

I am trying "positive thinking." After the past season I know that nothing is impossible.
Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stuff on your blog is at least interesting... much more interesting then, "there were cookies and everyone was soooo nice"

Gordon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tim's injury!! Prayers and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.