Friday, September 28, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation ...


Cheryl (the producer) sent me proofs of the DVD case and a poster she will take to dance weekends (above). I suggested some changes - we're not "pros," and we are not "National Competitors" in the strict sense. I've asked Cheryl to update this. I have not yet seen the footage as they are still editing. The photo doesn't look too bad considering it was taken after we shot the video - after two hours of non-stop skating, my god, I don't think I even combed my hair! That's right, my hair; thanks to the high humidity in upstate New York in August it was a curly frizzy red mess. I was having a very bad hair day but I don't think it affected my skating.


(By the way, that's not Tim but six-time National Adult Dance Champion Mike Ricigliano, who asked me to do this video because we were both going to be in Lake Placid and his lovely partner Julie could not be there. Cheryl wanted to use adult ice dancers who had tested their gold dances and originally wanted Mike and Julie since they are the reigning national champions. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time and was invited to be the stand-in for Julie.)


Cheryl said that the footage came out really well despite our tight shooting schedule and early-morning start. Mike and I donated our time to the project because it's something we both believe is important and we wanted to share our love of ice dancing with beginning dancers of all ages. Once it's complete the video will be available at http://www.icedancers.com/; the website is still under construction.


Some day I will tell the "behind-the-scenes" story and show outtakes!


2 comments:

Gordon said...

Very cool! Let me know when it's shipping and I'll shill...er, plug it on my blog!

HipSk8 said...

Gordon - I can only hope other other adults give ice dancing a try. After all, I'm middle-aged, normal-sized (not tiny or buff), and known to trip myself walking on carpet. I'm the poster child for "anyone can ice dance!"
Terri