Friday, April 4, 2008

Portland Rocks



Our Home Ice circa 1969

I can't believe another Adult Nationals is almost upon us. Good luck to the Portland dance teams competing at Adult Nationals next week: Lauren & Mike (Centennial and Championship), Laura & Kiel (Championship), Julia & Jordan (Gold and Championship) and Marilu & Bob (Pre-gold). I also have to mention our friends Anna & Will (Championship) from Seattle, also representing the great Pacific Northwest.

We wish we could be there too. Have a rocking good time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - what year is that picture from? I assume the logo wasn't added like football markings are now!

Anonymous said...

Oh - I see it - 1969. I just clicked on the photo without reading all the text. Like you said - nobody reads your blog ...

HipSk8 said...

Hey all you people not reading this blog ... thanks for all the great messages!

Lisa Hoberg said...

wow - I didn't realize how old this photo was - it was the only one I could find when I googled Lloyd Center Ice rink - awesome!

Does anyone have any other photos from this era when the rink was out in the open - I can only imagine what that was like even from this photograph!

Great blog.

HipSk8 said...

I have some old postcards that show other views of the Lloyd Center ice rink. Perhaps I'll scan them and post them here. I can tell you that it used to be very cold there in the winter! The KarmelKorn shop was there in the 60's and is still there.
Terri

Lisa Hoberg said...

I would LOVE to see those postcards. I have always thought that there should be postcards that show the rink but have never found any since I moved here in '93.
Lisa