Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cha Cha Stumblado

The post title is really for comedic effect because I thought today's lesson with the new dance coach went really well and I didn't stumble a lotto, or at all really. There is a lot to work on with this dance (Cha Cha Congelado) but the steps overall aren't hard (pattern, timing and tracking are hard).

We also worked on Rhumba and after the lesson I worked on it quite a bit solo and feel like I made some progress. I wanted to work on Austrian but I think these two international dances along with novice moves are enough for now. Maybe we'll walk through the Austrian at some point. These two dances are actually do-able and even test-able some day whereas Austrian probably would not be testable without a lotto work.

I am very pleased with myself for trying something new - two new coaches in 3 days and all new things to work on - it feels good.

When Tim gets back I hope that all of this makes me a much stronger and easier-to-skate-with partner. The stronger and more stable I can be for him the easier his comeback to the ice will be.

No comments: